ENSEMBLE («Envisioning, Supporting and Promoting Future Internet Enterprise Systems Research through Scientific Collaboration»), a Support Action funded by the European Commission, aims to coordinate and promote research activities in the domain of Future Internet Enterprise Systems (FInES), providing a sustainable infrastructure for the FInES community into use for these purposes into the foreseeable future. Additionally, ENSEMBLE, working with the FInES community, will develop and implement a systematic approach to the establishment of Enterprise Interoperability (EI) as a science. ENSEMBLE will combine systemic approaches, scientific multi-disciplinarity and innovative Web 2.0 collaboration tools with a community-driven mentality, in order to significantly increase the impact of the Future Internet Enterprise Systems.
In particular, ENSEMBLE will pursue the following objectives:
- Engaging the ENSEMBLE Network as a wider, active, open and consolidated community that actively contributes to the ENSEMBLE results.
- Establishing the Fundamental Foundations for the Interoperability Science by defining the methodological approach on how to gradually develop the Science Base and by delivering a set of its initial components.
- Envisioning Future Research Directions incorporating the emerging research advancements of the cluster projects and supporting future editions of the FInES Research Roadmap.
- Collaborating with Research Projects under Challenge 1, which work together through the Future Internet Assembly, and more specifically with the active FInES cluster projects under the “Internet of Things and Enterprise Environments" Objective.
- Deploying a Collaboration Portal as a Web 2.0-oriented core point of access for the research community that aggregates up-to-date content, fosters collaboration and supports the ENSEMBLE developments.
- Increasing awareness and spreading knowledge through face-to-face interactions in workshops and events, and virtually, harnessing the power of social media.